[WikiEN-l] Vandalism concerns with commons images

Dan Grey dangrey at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 08:49:34 UTC 2005

On 12/09/05, uninvited at nerstrand.net <uninvited at nerstrand.net> wrote:
The commons community has turned down several
> requests for adminship from en.wikipedia admins in good standing who
> wished to become admins at commons in order to deal with vandalism on
> commons that affected en.  It is commons policy that significant
> involvement in commons in particular is a requirement for adminship,
> regardless of involvement in other projects.

Any failures to gain commons adminship probably has more to do with
the attitude of those applying then any general policy (I note that
you failed in your application, uninvited).

It is not unreasonable to reject adminship requests made by those who
have no interest in the well-being of the project. I was recently
voted an admin unopposed despite having no uploads and very few edits
- but I have actively fought image vandalism there.

Quite a number of other en.wp admins have also succeeded - because
they did not simply "demand" adminship because they already have it
elsewhere, but because they demonstrated that they care about the
Commons.

Dan