[WikiEN-l] Article deletion

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 13 00:34:01 UTC 2005

Dan Grey wrote:

>Spot on. Personally, I favour the PWDS because it would take deletion
>out the hands of the folk who just hang around on AfD, and quite
>possibly end the majority democracy which seems to be the norm on AfD.

Hear hear. Instead of moving VfD to AfD, we might as well have moved it
to "Wikiproject Deletion." The last thing we need is a group of people
who _specialize_ in deciding what articles are allowed in Wikipedia. The
small, obscure articles don't get many people from outside the VfD
regulars to consider the matter.

>Of course, PWDS will never be installed, as the entrenched AfD zealots
>will never concede to any change that threatens their pastime.

The one-month VfD suspension Gerard suggested to force serious reform
might be workable, if we do it in a somewhat more organized manner than
Ed Poor's heroic deletion of VfD. I haven't been paying a lot of
attention to the VfD reform effort until just recently, do you think
perhaps we could get together a posse capable of making such a thing stick?