[WikiEN-l] Re: Article deletion (proposed 1 month hiatus)

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Mon Sep 12 23:03:13 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:

>uninvited at nerstrand.net (uninvited at nerstrand.net) [050913 08:17]:
>

>>While I agree with much of David Gerard's reasoning, I am unconvinced
>>that a one-month hiatus would provide any greater or more meaningful
>>space for discussion of an alternative than would business-as-usual at
>>AfD.
>>

>You're right. Make it three.
>
>(We won't run out of disk space.)

I think this would be an interesting experiment. Instead of
deletionist and inclusionist camps throwing around anecdotes, you
get a sizeable body of candidates to study, plus it encourages people
to think about the process that they want to follow when the period
ends and they have a whole pile of articles they want to process
efficiently. We'll discover, how often borderline articles gets
improved into good ones when left alone, or get made into redirs to
existing articles. Some articles might be unfairly speedied, but
if they're being tracked from a protected list, I think admins will
leave the marginals to accumulate rather than risk being sanctioned
for deleting worthwhile material out of hand.

Stan