[WikiEN-l] Article deletion

Paweł Dembowski fallout at lexx.eu.org
Mon Sep 12 22:15:12 UTC 2005

> I refer you again to the two examples that have been brought up repeatedly:
> Memory Alpha and Comixpedia. We're not getting those volunteers back, and
> in the former case we can't ever heal the fork because they chose a
> different licence. Those forks were a stupid and bad idea. And if you
> disagree on that, please explain what good they do Wikipedia, both in
> themselves as forks and as bad examples frustrated contributors may follow
> in the future.
> - d.

I wouldn't say Memory Alpha is bad. Their non-commercial license
allows them to use more materials copyrighted by Paramount, and
some articles that belong to a fan-wiki wouldnt' really belong to
Wikipedia. Same with other fan-wikis, like Battlestar Wiki or The
Vault (a [[Fallout (computer game)]] wiki). I don't think full
dialogue files from a computer game or articles about every minor
character in a game belong to Wikipedia. That's why I founded a
separate wiki for that, not because I was driven away.

--
Ausir
Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia