[WikiEN-l] Article deletion

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Mon Sep 12 21:30:58 UTC 2005

Alphax (alphasigmax at gmail.com) [050911 14:34]:
> Phroziac wrote:

> > No, afd just needs to *die*. I still don't see why anyone thought
> > renaming it would fix the problems.

> So you don't think that any articles need to be deleted (outside of
> candidates for speedy deletion), ever?

You have a logical fallacy implicit in that answer: that the only deletion
mechanism possible is the one we've got. Surely that can't be the case.

I reiterate my suggestion: suspend the deletion mechanism (keep CSD for our
remaining sanity) for a month working out a deletion mechanism that won't
drive people away, cause vicious infighting and lead to unhealable forks
which can never be pulled back into Wikipedia. Two forks (the Star Trek and
webcomics encyclopedias) is two too many. I figure a month without it will
REALLY FOCUS PEOPLE'S ATTENTION.

- d.