[WikiEN-l] Re: Cruft

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 15:13:29 UTC 2005

The copyright issues might be the biggest pain in the neck in the end
with this stuff, in the end. Some of our articles contain very
detailed plot summaries, extended quotations, stat information, etc.,
of copyrighted sources which could plausibly be argued to infringe on
the future marketability of the copyright holder. There's also the
question of whether most of our Pokémon articles count as "criticism
and analysis" or if they aren't just summaries and re-written stat
sheets. But that's a bigger problem than the "cruft" one.

(I recently wrote a first draft of copyright policy on en.Wikiquote
with this in mind, as I realized that it not having one of its own was
probably a bad idea since it seems to me the second most likely of the
Wiki projects to have major copyright infringement issues. Anybody who
is interested and has some time to burn, feel free to take a look at
[[Wikiquote:Copyrights]] when you get a chance.)

FF