[WikiEN-l] Article deletion

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 11:43:54 UTC 2005

JAY JG wrote:
>> From: Alphax <alphasigmax at gmail.com>
>>
>> But yes, splitting it up would probably not fix anything. SO how about
>> called it "articles for merging"?
>

> That would be un-helpful, since the majority of intentions and outcomes
> are for deletion.  Yes, sometimes the consensus is for merging the
> article, but that's not the most typical outcome.  Neologisms, original
> research, rants, advertisements, pet theories, bands that are planning
> to record their first CD any day now, [[List of flags featuring one or
> more stars and the colors red, blue, and white]] etc. don't qualify
> under Speedy deletion rules, but still have no place in an encyclopedia.

Now I understand why people leave so quickly...

A: "This article should be deleted."
B: "But it's verifiable!"
A: "It's non-notable and unencyplodic."
C: "There are no notability policies! It's verifiable and isn't original
research!"
A: "Have read the article? We don't need an article on this! It has no
place in a general purpsose encyclopedia!"
D: "JIMBO SEZ: Wiki is not paper, so it can stay."
A: "ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

--
Alphax                      |   /"\
Encrypted Email Preferred   |   \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign