[WikiEN-l] Article deletion

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 08:40:20 UTC 2005

MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:
> Alphax wrote:
>> Bryan Derksen wrote:

>>>Not speaking for Phroziac, of course, but what's wrong with that?
>>>Articles could still be merged and redirected without VfD, so any
>>>information that's not speediable would still find its proper place in
>>>Wikipedia.
>>>

>> Alright, let's rename AfD to "Article for Merge and Redirecting" (AfMR).
>> Now all we can argue about^W^W^Whave to decide is where to redirect the
>> articles to.
>>

> Renaming fixed the who democratic vote mentality peoplel get when
> seeing "Votes for deletion" and think there's a need for a majority
> instead of a concensus.
>
> Seperating in topics, only makes listing something for deletion a bigger pain.

Argh! Don't snip so much! Check which part of the thread you are
replying to! I have re-threaded it so that we can see everything in
context...

But yes, splitting it up would probably not fix anything. SO how about
called it "articles for merging"?

--
Alphax                      |   /"\
Encrypted Email Preferred   |   \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign