[WikiEN-l] A Request

Cranston Snord enviroknot at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 9 02:37:40 UTC 2005

Greetings to everyone.

My wikipedia name is Enviroknot. Up until a few days ago, I did not know why
my time at Wikipedia was met with such hostility, persecution, and horrid
conduct from plenty of users.

A recent emailed admission by one A. Nony Mouse and subsequent contact over
IRC have explained the situation to me. I was caught up in an experiment
that this user conducted using hijacked systems (routers?), in an effort to
root out problems in the behavior of certain wikipedia admins, which
backfired and caused many users including myself to be falsely accused of
being parts of that experiment.

I never understood why I was included in a request for arbitration which had
nothing to do with me, except that it seems to be a common theme in that
users who were involved in any sort of conflict were inevitably accused of
being part of this project.

I believe if you look back at my edits themselves, instead of trying to lump
them in with any conduct you can find, you will see me in a different light.

For your convenience, here is the link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Enviroknot

I will be completely honest with you. Up until this point I had completely
given up on Wikipedia, to the point of forbidding my students from citing it
in their papers as I considered it a completely unreliable source. I had
hoped to make it better, and if I have the chance I would do so.

It is your choice whether you will behave in the good faith which you claim
to exercise, or whether you will prove no better than a normal internet
message board system.

Cranston Snord, AKA Enviroknot

P.S. No, it's not my real name, but as an untenured educator I do have to be
careful.