[WikiEN-l] Re: One Where We Blew It

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 16:53:02 UTC 2005

On 9/8/05, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:

> How about a policy whereby VfDs that don't adequately explain why the
> nominator made it can be summarily deleted? If someone proposes deleting
> an article they should at least show that they put effort into
> determining whether deletion was warranted.

That certainly sounds just, especially in regards to those sad little
abbreviations. They don't really save much (if any) time and their only real
purpose seems to be to confuse people who aren't in on the lingo or to make
the nominator feel that they are part of some sort of special club. I say
this of course as a proud academic. ;-)

(On some pages, such as IFD, they make sense, since what they mean is posted
at the top of the page and most of the nominations are just procedural and
uncontested).

FF