[WikiEN-l] Quality tags

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 07:58:06 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:

>We're a top-50 website - having millions of random readers clicking a "Rate
>this article" tab and giving their perceptions is, to me, inherently
>interesting.

This is really interesting. How about something like, "Did you find what
you were looking for?"

Wikipedia isn't a service, really, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to think
of it as one. Right now, I think it's possbile that Wikipedia editors
are more in touch with the issues that affect editors and totally out of
touch with people who actually use the damn thing as a reference. All
this debate about VfD/AfD or what is and isn't a speedy or whether
[[WP:BEARD]] should be moved to BJAODN is probably not what your average
Wikipedia reader is thinking about. More reader feedback might be a way
to give us an idea of how good a job we are doing.

- Ryan