[WikiEN-l] Re: One Where We Blew It

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 19:45:02 UTC 2005

Travis Mason-Bushman wrote:

> In fact, I personally think this is the *only* way to call attention
> to such questionable articles. As I've pointed out on Talk pages,
> there is a backlog of something like 30-50,000 articles tagged for
> {{cleanup}}. Simply tagging something questionable for
> {{cleanup-importance}} only adds to the hidden pile. If an article may
> not be important enough, putting it up on AFD brings it to the
> attention of hundreds of Wikipedians - "Hey, look, there's this
> article I can't make heads or tails of and it may not be encyclopedic.
> What do y'all think?"
>
> Is this is the *best* way to do that? Probably not. But as long as the
> {{cleanup}} process is hopelessly broken, AFD is the only effective
> means of getting a questionable article in the limelight.
>
> -FCYTravis

This is not going to do anything except making AFD even more bogged down
than it already is. Have patience- there are lots of articles in need of
cleanup, but such is the nature of this project. As the topics covered
in our circle of knowledge expands, the circumference will always be
getting bigger, too.

-Ryan