[WikiEN-l] One Where We Blew It

Travis Mason-Bushman travis at gpsports-eng.com
Tue Sep 6 21:37:30 UTC 2005

On 9/6/05 2:22 PM, "Sam Korn" <smoddy at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a question to which I don't know the answer.  If we can get an
> answer (and I doubt we will), then it would determine the whole future
> of Wikipedia.
>
> The question is fundementally "what is more important, wiki-, or -pedia?"

Our social policies are not a suicide pact. They are in place to help us
write the encyclopedia... We need to take due process seriously, but we also
need to remember: this is not a democracy, this is not an experiment in
anarchy, it's a project to make the world a better place by giving away a
free encyclopedia.
--Jimbo Wales

That says it all to me.

-FCYTravis @ en.wikipedia