[WikiEN-l] Re: One Where We Blew It

J.F. de Wolff jfdwolff at doctors.org.uk
Tue Sep 6 00:03:17 UTC 2005

I agree with Phil's observation, but it's not just the
[[profanity|****]] deletionists that are to blame. There are honestly
too many people so hungry for attention that they continuously seek
to make Wikipedia aware of their unnotability. These characters are
an undesired effect of being completely open, and cause pollution of
good material with their own vanity. It is them we should blame to a
large degree for our failure to distinguish between bona fide and
shockingly unnotable.

When it comes to webcomics, it is extremely hard (for a non-insider)
to make a judgment between notable and non-notable, which is exactly
the point in having guidelines. I know this is elitist, but in these
matters an uninformed opinion is a potentially destructive one.

Jfdwolff