[WikiEN-l] NPOVE courses for those in probation?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Sep 5 17:05:15 UTC 2005

Fadix wrote:

>Is there a way to organize something to force some
>users that don't know what NPOV really means to learn
>it from Administrators assisting them? I just think
>that those that don't understand what NPOV mean should
>not contribute in Wikipedia, plain and simple.

The wiki does not operate by force.

We were all newbies at one time, and we learned to understand NPOV
through experience (though some who have been around for a long time
still don't understand it).  Help from administrators is fine, but when
those administrators insist upon a particular interpretation of NPOV
they are no longer acting in the spirit of NPOV.

Ec