[WikiEN-l] Looking at the real world

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Sat Sep 3 18:48:57 UTC 2005

Matt R stated for the record:

> Are you saying that the ArbComm should be amoral?

Yes.  We are here to ensure that an encyclopedia can be built.  We don't
care if you are a pedophile, a Nazi, or a tax collector.  If you
contribute to the encyclopedia, we leave you alone.  If you hinder the
encyclopedia, you're out.  That is the entirety of our standards.

We're not bound by the American Bill of Rights.  We're not bound by
English common law.  We're not bound to be fair or just.  We're not even
bound by precedent, though we do try to learn from what works and what
doesn't work.  We usually obey the laws of thermodynamics.

--
  Sean Barrett     | Madness takes its toll.
  sean at epoptic.com | Please have exact change.