[WikiEN-l] Looking at the real world

Jtkiefer jtkiefer at wordzen.net
Fri Sep 2 03:03:42 UTC 2005

Skyring wrote:

>In the past day, [[user:jtdirl]] has published my name and address, and
>[[user:mackensen]] has accused me of criminal acts. Other admins apparently
>support both actions.
>http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents&diff=prev&oldid=22362309
> What is wrong with you people? Take a step back from your world of user
>accounts and internal rules and get your priorities right. Please.

I don't agree with or support what jtdirl did nor would I support it if
any user did it since posting other users' personal info on wikipedia is
unethical and breaks more than a few of the wiki's guidelines, however
if what I have read on the subject is right you're not all that innocent
yourself and you pushed him to leave the entire project and to a certain
extent pushed him into this.

-Jtkiefer