[WikiEN-l] Re: Can you trust Wikipedia?

Daniel P. B. Smith dpbsmith at verizon.net
Fri Oct 28 23:14:39 UTC 2005

> From: Puddl Duk <puddlduk at gmail.com>

> Lets not delude ourselves. We have a long way to go.  I was just
> looking at some old EB articles the other day; Guerrilla [warfare],
> written by   ..........  T. E. Lawrence.  And Space-time, written by
> ..........  Albert Einstein.

I was thinking the other day that mature Wikipedia articles are
usually at about the level of a _really good_ college term paper,
written by a very competent, bright, student who has spent some time
in the library.

Guess what? I'm not the first person who's had that idea:

http://www.termpapertopic.org/ja/japanese-toilet.html

http://www.termpapertopic.org/ex/exploding-whale.html

Daniel P. B. Smith, dpbsmith at verizon.net
"Elinor Goulding Smith's Great Big Messy Book" is now back in print!
Sample chapter at http://world.std.com/~dpbsmith/messy.html
Buy it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1403314063/