[WikiEN-l] Blocking policy violeted

Andriy K andriyk12 at yahoo.de
Fri Oct 28 13:55:34 UTC 2005

Dear Colleagues,

My username is AndriyK.
IP address is 141.2.247.88

I was blocked by David Gerard at 13:13, 28 October
2005.
The reason was formulated as

"The reason given for AndriyK's block is: "massive
disruption (read the MoS, talk before creating huge
amounts of work for others)"

In my opinion, the blocking policy was violated.
According to the official Wikipedia blocking policy
blocking is used  to deal with vandalism, bots,
personal attacks, and inappropriate usernames.

Nothing of this is unapplicable in my case. I did not
violate 3RR.

I indeed have done a lot of changes, but I did not
vandalize the articles. I corrected the names of
Ukrainian city according to their proper English
spelling (e.g. those used by Encyclopaedia Britannica,
see, for instance,
http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9023842?query=Chernihiv&ct=)

What I did completely conforms the Wikipedia policy
concerning using of modern English in the articles.
Doing these changes I corrected several subtles
mistakes (because of wrong spelling, some lings were
wrong and led to articles that actually were not ment
in the text).

David Gerard was likely misinformed by a one group of
users. These users try to force wikipedia community to
use a sort of "Russian English", i.e. transliteration
from Russian prononciation of the names of Ukrainian
cities instead of the spellings used by modern
creadible English sources (like Encyclopedia
Britannika and many others). I tried to explain my
edits on the talk pages, but this group of users do
not accept any reasons. They push their POV  so to say
"by force".

The same group makes also often propaganda insertions
to the article, which is also an obvious abuse of
Wikipedia.

Thank you in advance for solving the issue.

Best regards,

AndriyK