[WikiEN-l] RfA concern

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Thu Oct 27 19:20:49 UTC 2005

On 27 Oct 2005, at 18:16, Puddl Duk wrote:

>> A substantial fraction of our admins are largely worthless at writing
>> articles.  In fact, there's a good argument for the position that
>> people who can write articles should not be admins: we need them
>> writing articles, not running around breaking up fights.
>>
>> Kelly
>>

> The old phrase "it takes all kinds" comes to mind. Just as some people
> aren't good at writing, others aren't good at interaction. But we
> really need both these, and many other qualities in administrators and
> editors alike.

Well to add some seriousness do the RfA (someone else has moved the
really
blatent joke votes off the page) I am seeing what happens if I try to
get
him to improve the article. Possibly cruel and unusual punishment, but I
suspect that he might be more pleased if I change my oppose vote than
with
the votes of the legions of fans.

Justinc