[WikiEN-l] Rigging at RfA

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 15:43:17 UTC 2005

Slimvirgin wrote:

>I'm pretty sure he's a sock puppet but I can't prove it. His
>contributions include blanking [[Jesus]] and redirecting it to
>[[Muhammad]]. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jesus&diff=prev&oldid=18429618

After a pile of requests I just went through the oppose votes on
Anonymous editor's RFA. Muwaffaq = Deeptrivia, and I've blocked the
former indefinitely as a sock used abusively and the latter for a week
for using a sock on an admin poll.

There were not in fact any others I nailed. There's a few I'm
wondering about but I'd need to know more about how often the networks
in question change dynamic IPs. I probably won't chase it for the
moment because none have used the socks for duplicate votes on the RFA
that I could see.

I haven't looked through the 'support' votes and probably won't
without a request from someone who isn't an abusive sockpuppet.

- d.