[WikiEN-l] Re: Webcomics/Deletion again

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 20:23:56 UTC 2005

On 10/26/05, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26/10/05, Phil Boswell <phil.boswell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > For example, I doubt if I could name half-a-dozen Particle Physicists. I'll
> > bet you there are ten times that many who deserve an article of their own,
> > but you'd be hard put to it to convince some of the hard-core AFD
> > deletionists of it, because they simply vote "nn, never heard of them"
> > without even giving the appearance of reading the article.
>
> Today's VFD zen: the first twelve of fifteen entries on this days page
> are nominated simply as "NN, D. ~~~~" (and there's more after that). I
> swear this becomes self-parody sometimes...
>
> I'm half-tempted to nominate a short but reasonably notable bio I
> wrote this afternoon for deletion, simply to see if anyone would
> concur with "nn, d" ([[Fleury Mesplet]], eighteenth century French
> printer with silly name = obscure), but I fear that it might be a
> little obviously Making A Point.

Be careful, you might just get your article deleted.

And if it did get deleted, you'd be swarmed with users who don't
actually care a whit about content saying "KD, valid AfD" in the
undeletion forum.  After all, they've voted themselves a consensus
that says undeletion is about _process_, not _content_.

Then you'd have the "enforcement admins" camping the spawn... er,
keeping the article title on their watchlists so they could be the
first to speedy delete it as a recreation, and they'll even cite you
the Wikipedia Revised Code reference as they do it.

And if you're really unlucky, you'll have a wikistalker editor or
admin watching your further contributions to make sure you don't try
to insert that deleted content in to a related article!
Consensus said delete!  How dare you consider trying to find a useful
place for your work!

I simply cannot imagine a plausible end to this nonsense at this time.

Knowing that deletion is easy power, and creation is powerful but
difficult work, imagine where the teenaged populists tend to
congregate.
--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused