[WikiEN-l] Re: Webcomics/Deletion again

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 18:25:04 UTC 2005

On 26/10/05, Phil Boswell <phil.boswell at gmail.com> wrote:

> For example, I doubt if I could name half-a-dozen Particle Physicists. I'll
> bet you there are ten times that many who deserve an article of their own,
> but you'd be hard put to it to convince some of the hard-core AFD
> deletionists of it, because they simply vote "nn, never heard of them"
> without even giving the appearance of reading the article.

Today's VFD zen: the first twelve of fifteen entries on this days page
are nominated simply as "NN, D. ~~~~" (and there's more after that). I
swear this becomes self-parody sometimes...

I'm half-tempted to nominate a short but reasonably notable bio I
wrote this afternoon for deletion, simply to see if anyone would
concur with "nn, d" ([[Fleury Mesplet]], eighteenth century French
printer with silly name = obscure), but I fear that it might be a
little obviously Making A Point.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk