[WikiEN-l] How do I respond to the right thread, when I'm receiving digests?

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 16:19:44 UTC 2005

On 10/26/05, Christopher Maloney <voldrani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, this is probably a stupid question.  I've just joined the
> mailing list, I read the welcome email and the about page, and can't
> find the answer to this.
>
> I configured myself to receive the message digests -- there's way too
> much volume on this list for anything else.  I want to respond to a
> particular thread, though, and can't see how to do it easily.  Is it
> just a matter of copying the subject line?  Actually, I'm pretty sure
> it's not, because I see several cases of duplicate subjects which are
> separate threads.

The easiest way is to set up a separate email account for your
WikiEN-l subscription.  That way, you don't swamp your regular email
with messages, you can view a group of postings all at once as if they
were a digest, and you can reply to any without some convoluted
process to keep things "on-thread".

Send yourself another gmail invite.  ;-)

--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused