[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Committee elections, 2005

Anthony DiPierro wikispam at inbox.org
Wed Oct 26 03:37:26 UTC 2005

On 10/25/05, Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have suggested choosing Arbitrators by loading Recent Changes at a
> random unannounced time and appointing the first 12 names to appear
> there. While I think this would be resoundingly unsatisfactory to
> most members of the community, it would eliminate most claims of bias.
> :)
>
> Kelly

Can't be much worse than the current system. I've come to find that the best
way to deal with the arb com is to ignore them. I can't think of a single
good thing that has come out of the arb com, save those things that only
needed to be resolved because the arb com existed in the first place. I
don't think it matters very much who's on the arb com. The position itself
is fundamentally flawed.