[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Committee elections, 2005

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 02:24:37 UTC 2005

On 10/26/05, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:
> I suggest you submit names to Jimbo with a basis for why you think
> they would be a good arbitrator. That is basically all we do. If we
> all agree on one person (remember we often disagree) he is likely to
> seriously consider the person. If a person is making a lot of trouble
> already we are not likely to think they are good candidates, but
> personally I am a little concerned that what makes a good arbitrator
> is not all that predictable.

So what is the point of involveing Jimbo? Why should he be able to
make a better descission than people like me who spend far more time
on en.

If you look at [[Wikipedia:Arbitration_Committee_Elections_December_2005/Proposed_modifications_to_rules#Proposal_1]]
the one attempt to limit who could run was rejected

--
geni