[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Committee elections, 2005

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Wed Oct 26 01:24:36 UTC 2005

I suggest you submit names to Jimbo with a basis for why you think
they would be a good arbitrator. That is basically all we do. If we
all agree on one person (remember we often disagree) he is likely to
seriously consider the person. If a person is making a lot of trouble
already we are not likely to think they are good candidates, but
personally I am a little concerned that what makes a good arbitrator
is not all that predictable.

By the way, anyone who thinks they can contribute to arbitration is
welcome to make proposal on the /Workshop page of any arbitration
case. I know I'll be looking for talent there. Rumor has it that
there might be a small reward for any of the Wikipedia advocates
should any of their work on /Workshop be used in a decision by the
Arbitration Committee.

Fred