[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Committee elections, 2005

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 22:33:32 UTC 2005

On 25/10/05, Ilya N. <ilyanep at gmail.com> wrote:
> While I respect Jimbo's opinion I'm not quite sure if this way is the right
> way to go.
>
> The 'old boys' club' is one of my concerns. The other one (which is slightly
> related) is that some highly-qualified candidates which could do very well
> might not be on Jimbo's (and the arbCom's) radar, so how would that work?

I would assume that, some time beforehand, a call for interested
parties is put out - those considered for ArbCom are politely prodded
to see if they're interested, and anyone else wanting to put their
name forward (poss. with some supporting evidence) does so. Mull over
that lot for a while, then give a list of possibles and let the
community tear them apart.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk