[WikiEN-l] Unnecessary nudity on [[Hogtie bondage]]

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 10:46:33 UTC 2005

On 10/24/05, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I totally agree with your view Matt. BTW, are there any copyright
> issues with the images? I'm on a public machine, so I'm not going to
> dare checking...

I thought I'd probably feel the same way, after Matt's description,
but fortunately I am on a laptop at home, so I was able to check.  The
pictures seem to be be completely in order.

There are no visible advertising watermarks on the image.  The
uploader, sbc01, correctly licensed his photographs under the GFDL.
They're were clearly created primarily for demonstration rather than
erotic purposes.  Unlike in pornography, the poses show the whole body
from head to toe, and a wide enough area around the body to show
suspension ropes and the like in detail, and the use of the face and
facial expression, a primary erotic tool in pornography, is almost
totally absent here--even where the face is not completely concealed
behind a mask or gag.

Matt removed one photograph on grounds of nudity.  The model is lying
flat on her tummy, gagged, and with her limbs tightly bound behind
her.  She is visibly wearing thong panties, the side strap of which
can be seen at her left hip.  She is obviously naked from the waist up
but her pose completely conceals her breasts.  Her crotch is out of
sight, her buttocks are concealed by her bound wrists and hands.  The
viewpoint is a few feet above and to her left side, and her left
shoulder and head are nearest to the camera.

Although I would hesitate to call this pose decent--the model is after
all semi-naked and restrained in a manner that would be humiliating
and upsetting in other contexts--in my opinion this is an excellent
example of how to illustrate sexual bondage play.

In another photograph, illustrating vertical hogtie, the model is
suspended in a vertical posture and pictured from behind and above her
left shoulder.  Again the buttocks are concealed behind bound hands
and wrists.  The model's right breast and naked nipple are exposed in
profile and if you squint a bit, or use zoom on your image viewer, I
supposed you might see something that might give a particularly
sensitive American Superbowl viewer a small palpitation.