[WikiEN-l] Policy on breaches of bans

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:57:41 UTC 2005

>> suggest trying to get some sort of injunction through the legal
>> system (Australia, I suppose, and one of the other editors claims to
>> actually have known the person). "Don't touch Wikipedia again, or

>Well, via USENET.  I mean, I haven't actually sat down and had coffee
>and joked about the electoral roll with him.  But I s'pose it's possible
>one day; this is a small city, after all.

Yeah. I read the newspaper article (he got the back cover of
Saturday's Canberra Times; there's a scan on skyring.livejournal.com)
and I recognised his name from Usenet aus.politics about ten years
ago. Smart, charming, witty, knowledgeable and an utter crank and
quite, quite mad. aus.politics didn't divide by political lines but
roughly into "lucid" and "frothing"; of those on the "lucid" side, he
was definitely the weirdest.

He also probably warrants his own Wikipedia article for his various
adventures over the years, though I'm not going to start writing it

- d.