[WikiEN-l] The listing of redirects on [[WP:SFD]]

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 20:06:12 UTC 2005

On 10/23/05, SPUI <drspui at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Bike-stub has now been protected
> blank because I was recreating it as a redirect to {{cycling-stub}}. I
> ask again - what the fuck is wrong with people?

I've come to the conclusion that most of these sorts of instruction
creep and "consensus" enforcement are teenagers and twenty-somethings
trying their hand at rule making.

I'm not sure how to get them to drop their ideas of pressing their
wills onto the wiki regardless of the damage they're doing, other than
statements from prominent Wikipedia members about how such behavior is
improper and not in the spirit of the wiki.

I don't know what else to do either, but it's a very serious problem.
--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused