[WikiEN-l] Link formatting suggestion

Ilya N. ilyanep at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 01:55:50 UTC 2005

Afaik you can only do it when you've hovered on the link by doing

a { color: #000000; text-decoration: none; }
a: hover { color: #0000FF; text-decoration: underline; }

I don't think you can assign properties to a based on a div:hover
pseudoelement

Personally I do this:

a { text-decoration: none; }
a: hover { text-decoration: hover; }

it makes pages a lot cleaner

On 10/22/05, Timwi <timwi at gmx.net> wrote:

> > Perhaps you should choose (or design) a skin that doesn't highlight
> > wikilinks unless you glide your cursor over them.
>
> Well this gave me an idea.
>
> As far as I understand CSS, it would be possible to make links entirely
> invisible (i.e. indistinguishable from normal text) unless the mouse
> cursor is somewhere within the article content box.
>
> In other words: Imagine the article is just text, no links. As you
> finish reading the section you were looking for, you want to know if
> there is any further information, so you move your mouse into the text
> and all links go blue and underlined.
>
> Just an idea.
> Timwi

~Ilya N.