[WikiEN-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] Placeopedia

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Tue Oct 18 01:19:18 UTC 2005

> I put latitude and longitude on a bunch of my images on the
> commons. It'd be
> nice if there was a standard for that, and we could probably tag a
> large
> portion of the images there.

How do you do that out of interest? GPS? Can you give an example URL.

Lots of UK place articles have UK grid refs and so on which could be
extracted,
although they need conversion. I would add more geo data if there
were standard
templates etc. I do have a GPS card somewhere, but I wish my camera
had it built in.

I am very keen on adding geolocation data to wikipedia. The google
maps interface
is nasty though - more interested in building it into WP itself.