[WikiEN-l] Meanwhile, AfD grinds on

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sat Oct 15 15:19:03 UTC 2005

Fred Bauder wrote:
> This doesn't make any sense. We need to change the policy if that is
> how it works.

Yes, Fred is right.

It is difficult to strike a balance here, though.  It's one thing if
Bryan Derkson (*Bryan Derkson*, this isn't some random person, it's
*Bryan Derkson* you see) wants to recreate an article and puts forward
good arguments for it, and another thing if some POV-warring troll or
garage band tries to keep bringing back some nonsense that got properly
deleted already.

We should listen to Bryan, we should not listen to trolls.  The hard bit
is implementing common sense and logic in policy. :-)

--Jimbo