[WikiEN-l] Re: Vandalbot range block

Stefan Sittler kiaparowits at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 19:34:01 UTC 2005

On 10/13/05, Phil Boswell <phil.boswell at gmail.com> wrote:
> "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote in
> message news:fbad4e140510130856u71d295e2xa76cb1bdaca039c9 at mail.gmail.com...
> >This may be a stupid question, but can someone point me towards the
> >history behind this Wik chap? There's a lot of references now, but it
> >seems to just predate me...
>
> [nice little potted history of the [[Wik]] affair snipped]
>
> Am I alone in thinking this really should be recorded somewhere for
> posterity, if not on :en: then maybe on :meta:?
>
> I would also like to have access to similar potted histories for
> [[Michael]], [[Lir]] and [[Plautus Satire]] (although I understand
> [[Michael]] is undergoing some sort of rehabilitation now?) whose names crop
> up repeatedly with the assumption that everybody knows who they are and what
> they did.

I would like to second this. Oh, and a page for Treason, who crops up
with the same sort of notriety.

On the other hand, it is recorded (for some value of posterity) right
here on the mailing list. I don't know if my motivation is that of a
concerned Wikipedian learning from history or of a thrillseeking
scandalmonger. Probably both :)

C'mon, old-timers, set the record straight :)

stefan
(user: Kiaparowits)