[WikiEN-l] Meanwhile, AfD grinds on

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 12 17:23:46 UTC 2005

I just came across this AfD when a link to the deleted article was
removed from another I had watchlisted:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/The_Jar

I never read the webcomic The Jar myself, but I know that it existed and
was popular, and also that when Kittyhawk moved on to other projects the
webcomic's archive was taken offline. The nominator saw the resulting
lack of Google results and nominated it solely on account of "none
notability." As a result of this grand consensus of four voters, three
of whom explained their vote with "nn" and one with "as per nom",
Wikipedia will forever more lack an article on this topic. Kind of a
pity since I've always been curious about what I missed - I've been told
that it had a better plot than Kittyhawk's current strip, which survived
a VfD last year.

There were tons of great ideas being kicked around on this mailing list
a few weeks back for how to change the deletion process, either as a
short-term experiment or long-term reform, has it all quietly passed
from everyone's radars now? Or is there some other forum the discussion
moved to that I missed?