Moving a marker? Was: Re: [WikiEN-l] Article quality deterioration

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 14:58:22 UTC 2005

On 10/11/05, Poor, Edmund W <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:
> The "marker idea" will only work if it can be moved back to point to an
> earlier version. If it can be moved up again to point to a later
> version, we'll get reversion wars over the marker.

Throughout this discussion, there has been a question lurking that I
finally must ask:

How is moving a marker functionally any different than simply
reverting to some selected point in the article's history?

The only difference I can conceive is that the edit history remains a
little more simple with a marker system.

--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused