[WikiEN-l] Per-article blocking (was: Article quality deterioration)

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Oct 11 14:30:10 UTC 2005

Michael Snow calmly and firmly intoned:

> An incremental approach of taking people off particular
> articles is less
> drastic and leaves them free to make more helpful edits
> elsewhere. Those
> that are particularly attached to their material would have a
> powerful
> incentive to retrain themselves, since we don't have time to be their
> writing tutors. However, if someone gets asked off of a number of
> articles, then at some point we would need to look at asking
> them not to
> edit any more. Incidentally, I would still very much like to see a
> per-article blocking feature.

I've heard that the developers have already written the "programming
code" needed to implement per-article blocking. They are just waiting
humbly for a clear consensus to emerge before putting into service.

How do we indicate a consensus for this? Do we vote, or what?

Ed Poor
(somewhere in vacation-land)