[WikiEN-l] Re: Current events

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 20:59:38 UTC 2005

I'm sorry, but I don't get what you're talking about. Can you please
specify which article you are trying to change and what you're trying
to do?

> What are you? Are you self-appointed? Why is the word "bias" chosen  explain
> your existence and goal? Are you not attempting to do the very thing you  are
> attempting to re-write? We all have an opinion, so why the Hawaiian
> "wiki-wiki" word base to everything that is your opinion? This seems like  another
> attempt to re-write history, is it? To what goal/purpose? It seems you  are using
> the thing you are trying to describe that you are/do, to describe what  you
> are/do?
Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia written by its users which strives
to be neutral. Of course, it's not going to happen overnight and
there's always going to be people who try to push in their views, but
that's not accepted by most people in the community of dedicated
users. "Wiki" was chosen for its sound and the idea that with a lot of
people chipping in you could get great articles "quickly" which is
essentially what wiki-wiki means.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Replies_to_common_objections

--Mgm