[WikiEN-l] The 3RR is an electric fence, not an entitlement.

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Mon Oct 10 08:50:09 UTC 2005

> actionforum at comcast.net wrote:

Really?  Integrity and character, fairness, tolerance
and equality under the rules matter on little things
such as wikipedia articles too.  When a clique, gets
ahold of a page, the wikipedia rules no longer apply,
they make the rules.  Sometimes you can shame them
a bit with their hypocrisy, sometimes they are shameless.
But being a clique or a "consensus" doesn't make them
right.

Guantanamo is an embarrassment, but wars are messy,
I'm probably a pacifist myself (I'm not quite sure), but
what seems plain is that the non-pacifists who oppose
the war in Iraq and who somehow have supported some
other war and how that war was fought, are probably
among the worlds greatest hypocrits.  The U.S. has
liberated Iraq without using conscript/slaves, with careful
targeting to avoid unnecessary damage to civilians and
civilian infrastructure, with no territorial ambitions, and
without using "allies" that are beneath contempt such
as Stalin, certain warlords in Afghanistan or the U.N.

                    -- Silverback