[WikiEN-l] The 3RR is an electric fence, not an entitlement.

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Sat Oct 8 22:42:13 UTC 2005

> On 10/8/05, actionforum at comcast.net wrote:
> >

> > Those who edit war are still entitled to a fair assessment of the alleged
> > 3RR violation evidence, and to a fair implementation of the block based
> > upon that assessment, and to complain if there were problems with
> > either of these.
> >

> Possibly. I think opinion is divided on this. My personal opinion is that
> edit warring should be deprecated to the point where those who edit war
> should have no expectation of a strict interpretation of the rules. In
> general a block on a party that is seen as edit warring tends to attract
> popular support, so IAR applies well here.

This may merely mean you've given up on rules or are expressing
an inability to codify the set of principles you believe in,
or that you are going to implement your own standards
despite the rules.

The 3RR is probably an improvement over the earlier chaos.
Even a zero revert rule probably wouldn't prevent edit waring,
but at least it would favor tolerance.  Those, who voluntarily
limit themselves to one or two reverts per day, must refrain
from editing certain pages, or return to those pages with
persistance over a long period of time.
                   -- Silverback