[WikiEN-l] Merge vs. Keep/Delete

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 09:09:47 UTC 2005

On 10/8/05, Alphax <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:

Wouldn't that kill the usefulness of diffs over a period when both
articles were edited? If article A was edited on December 1 and
December 3 and you merge in an article edited on December 2. You get
two diffs with massive changes without any explanation how that
happened. You could mention the merge in an edit summary, but you'd
have to list which edits have been merged in. Redirecting keeps the
histories clean.

--Mgm