[WikiEN-l] a valid criticism

Ryan Norton wxprojects at comcast.net
Sat Oct 8 00:28:01 UTC 2005

> It's that they are badly written.  A confusing mishmash of random facts
> not shaped into a coherent whole.  Others have written eloquently on
> this, and on why this might be the case.  The puzzle, though, is: what
> can be done about it.

Encourage people to become better writers?

I admit that even though I have a FA (autism) I'm not a very good
writer for an encyclopedia. Peer review and FAC are great except I
don't know how much they help in this part (and the criticism is rather
harsh sometimes for those who can't take it). I always have a tendency
to write novel-like for these articles, but of course I don't because
its an encyclopedia, so a lot of times its just a bunch of well
structured, but unconnected facts...

Thanks,
Ryan

[[User:RN]] at wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:RN