[WikiEN-l] How many Arbitrators should we have?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Oct 7 06:48:32 UTC 2005

Ryan Delaney wrote:

>Ray Saintonge wrote:
>

>>points of law rather than facts. It would be up to the lower
>>ranking tribunal to sort through the mass of irrelevant material
>>that is often raised.
>>
>>Ec
>>

>I'm sorry, but I don't think I understand what you are trying to say.

Points of law relate to the interpretation of laws.  Points of fact
relate to establishing what happened.

In a murder trial establishing that the accused really pulled the fatal
trigger would establish a point of fact.  Whether that established act
was murder would be a point of law.

There should be no need for everybody to wade through a lot of claims
that have nothing to do with the issues being appealed.

Ec