[WikiEN-l] Autoblocking, reverts, and verifiability

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:49:45 UTC 2005

On 10/6/05, Michael Turley <michael.turley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe we should add the "guard dog" analogy to the rule, since guard
> dogs sometimes go a little outside the bounds of their confines at
> unexpected times.  This would also support admins such as yourself,
> who are attempting to apply the spirit of the rule rather than just
> enforcing to the letter.

No. The current wording (including the bit about the electric fence)
expresses the spirit quite accurately, down to the bit about its
electric fence nature.

Bottom line: unless it's to fix simple vandalism as defined at
[[Wikipedia:Vandalism]], there is no right way to revert more than
three times in 24 hours. If you break 3RR, you are doing something
completely wrongly.

- d.