[WikiEN-l] Re: Old VFD-type discussions on talk sub-pages

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 10:31:28 UTC 2005

"MacGyverMagic/Mgm"  wrote:
On 10/5/05, Phil Boswell  wrote:
> I have just discovered that a bunch of these have been obliterated as an
> unfortunate side-effect of an entirely right-minded drive to delete orphan
> talk pages.
>
> > The particular page which I stumbled across is
> > [[Talk:Constitutional_Charter_of_Serbia_and_Montenegro/Delete]]

...which I have now moved back to the appropriate VFD sub-page. I also took
the liberty of topping and tailing it as per current practice.

> If I read this correctly the AFD/VFD discussion was put on the talk
> page when it belonged on a A or VFD subpage. Why was it there to begin
> with.

Actually it started out as a sub-page of VFD and for some strange reason was
moved to a sub-page of the talk page of the article.

> I don't particularly like moving old VFD discussions to AFD either. It
> obscures their age.

The age should be obvious from the contents. I have no personal problem with
mass-moving VFD discussions to AFD, assuming that naming conflicts are
sensibly dealt with: I see it as simply a rather extended move operation :-)
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]