[WikiEN-l] How many Arbitrators should we have?

Carbonite carbonite.wp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 15:43:38 UTC 2005

I agree with Tony that it would be difficult to sustain a very large number
of arbitrators. However, if we had an efficient system for replacing
arbitrators, I could see maintaining a "steady state" of 25-35. Replacements
could be appointed by Jimbo, be elected as alternates during the regular
ArbCom elections or we could utilize a system like the one suggested by
Dragons's Flight.
 In my opinion, it would also be beneficial to create panels of 5-7
arbitrators so that the ArbCom could multi-task. Each panel would only
handle a few cases at a time instead of the entire ArbCom having to examine
the evidence of every open case. This might also help reduce the burnout
that's inevitable when every arbitrator must hear every case.
 Carbonite