[WikiEN-l] Re: Taking your eyes off the ball

Ryan Norton wxprojects at comcast.net
Wed Oct 5 15:10:49 UTC 2005

Hi there :),

> Ouch!  Do you mean astronomy is boring, or my writing about astronomy?
> do try to write articles that are interesting for people who might only
> have a passing interest in astronomy but it's easy for a scientist to
> forget what's interesting to people not in the field.  That's partly
> why I
> sought peer review for Herbig-Haro object, because I was half afraid I
> was
> going to spend lots of time on something no-one would be interested in.
> Astrocruft, if you like.  Please tell me if I'm heading that way!
>
> The general point is that for many featured articles, only one person
> might be interested in writing about a subject, but its appeal should
> be
> broad based if it really represents the best of Wikipedia.  I'm not
> particularly fussed about architects in colonial New Zealand, for
> example,
> but Giano's articles on Benjamin Mountfort etc are interesting enough
> keep me reading right through.
>
> WT

Don't get discouraged! You're articles are some of the best around
here! I think often though with technical subjects like this it can be
tough to write for the layman :). Anyway, I'm still offering responses
on your peer reviews :).

Thanks,
Ryan

[[User:RN]] at wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:RN