[WikiEN-l] Afd nominations

grm_wnr grmwnr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 16:20:25 UTC 2005

Bryan Derksen wrote:

> So really, most of these "non-notability" issues shouldn't ever be
> brought to VfD in the first place - just merge them into main
> articles, like that traffic circle case from a few days back, and let
> the wiki process determine whether the merge was adequate or not. If
> peoples' beef is really with the _information_ being in Wikipedia,
> that's also something that can be sorted out via the wiki process -
> articles get trimmed and streamlined and split into sub-articles all
> the time without going through a voting process.

That's so true it isn't even funny. It also makes one think if it really
would be all that bad if AfD was just shut down for a month like David
Gerard proposed.  I personally think that merging an article isn't all
that more complicated than setting up an AfD, if you see setting up an
AfD as more than writing "nn v -~~~~". Your mileage may vary, of course.

grm_wnr