[WikiEN-l] Blocking edit war

El C el.ceeh at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:44:34 UTC 2005

Jack would be well advised to note that I posted that message
to-and-for the benefit and easy linking convinience of the mailing
list. He is well aware of my comments there? Good for him, other
members of the list may not be.

I did not, nor do I have any intention to, contact him "directly" (!)
My comments here are the same --and I insist they must be treated the
same by him-- as they would be on any Wikipedia talk page. Frankly, I
find his reaction hysterical, and outragouesly hypocritical.

He dares to speak of indignity with such impunity. He breaks the 3RR,
he titles a propper block as a "Wrongful Block," David Gerard unblocks
him, assuming I'm sure that good behaviour is forthcoming --it seems
Jack convinced David that he made comrpomises or something to that
effect (?) with his reverts, which he did not; he made one useful
addition with his revert, but I still reverted it just the same and
kept the addition as it has nothing to do with the reversion-- and
then what does Jack do?  He makes that snide "certainly" remark to
Mel.

Now, Mel reblocked him, the right and just thing to do in the case of
Jack's contempt for the rules everyone else is expected to adhere to,
the rules I have always adhered to. I also note that David Gerard (who
seems to mistakingly think I'm accusing him of something sinister -- I
am not) is not objecting to the re-blocking, now that he had a closer
looked at the evidence.

Jack "suspect[s] the circumstances amuse [me] too much to refrain" ?
If a reprieve from his circularities in that article for 24 hours is
amusment, then count me as ROFL-ing.

Epiprologue: It all begins yesterday. I went and congratulated Chip
Berlet on a fine article in the article's talk page, 4 days after
Charles did (I only noticed it at that time). Mine was the 2nd comment
in that talk page following Charles', and I intended to edit the intro
(no content changes whatsoever, just make it less conversational:
which I did) later that day, but when I got back home, I found Jack
already start editing it. Ahhuhh. And so it begins, again.

And all this is nothing, it dosen't even pretend to scratch the
surface about Jack.

El_C